Oh, January! The month where we tell ourselves that this year will be THE BEST YEAR OF OUR LIVES! We have been robbed of a great year and this is finally our time to shine. We tell ourselves we will do all those things we never got to do last year! We will exercise more, eat healthy and have some miraculous amount of money that will help us get out of debt and buy a new house.
Ok, let's take a step back. Not saying none of this will happen but realistically, we know ourselves. The gym is not our thing, the healthy eating is not our thing and there is no way money will just fall into our laps out of thin air.
BUT...here are a few things we CAN do:
1. Stop setting unrealistic expectations for ourselves!
2. Start slowly introducing exercise into our lives (maybe workout 2 times a week and slowly increase to more). Start with yoga or easy exercises that you can do at home. (You know you're not the gym type!)
3. Start cooking more. Cook a healthy dinner at least 5 times a week. You don't have to stress yourself out trying to cook ALL THE TIME! Do your best and as long as you are making healthier options, everything will start falling into place.
4. Start doing at least one thing that makes you happy per day. Do not let work be the only thing that you do that day. Read a book, listen to music, write a blog, take pictures, take a bath, watch tv, go for a walk, call a friend.
5. Spend time with family and friends. Make time for those in your life, get together and spend some quality time doing whatever!
6. If you have a significant other then spend quality time with them, do things together like going out to eat, going for a walk, or just hanging out watching Netflix. Spend time on your relationship!
7. Let yourself have those lazy days where you just lay in bed and recharge, you need it! Don't feel bad about it. Those dishes will be washed and the laundry will be done at one point ;)
8. Self care is important. Not just on the outside but also on the inside. Clear your mind and focus on those things that make you happy. Bad things happen and bad days happen but try not to focus on them for too long. Let yourself be ok.
9. Let yourself eat those "unhealthy" foods and sweets but don't make it a habit or allow it to be the only thing you eat. Everything can be eaten in moderation!
10. and last but not least, don't forget that you only have one life and if you are not happy you have the power to change it!
Any more you can add to the list? Comment down below :)
Until next time,